Probate Genealogists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions I have been having with Maurice

5 posters

Go down

Discussions I have been having with Maurice Empty Discussions I have been having with Maurice

Post by Admin Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi all,

I have been having an email discussion with Maurice about his reports in the newsletters, some of his posts on the forum etc. Today I received an email from him stating he was now treating my emails has spam. He claims he has been in touch with his solicitor regarding my communications and will if I don't desist instruct them to issue a summons for harassment. He then went further and told me that if I copied the email I would be breaching libel laws.

Well I have to say I laughed at that part because anyone with any idea of the law would know that I wouldn't be committing libel I would be at best breaching copyright.

He also decided that he had reported my linkedin account has inappropriate which has really got my back up.

What is he scared of? Why does he claim on the HHA forum that he will enter into discussion about the industry and then make these threats and take actions I would expect a 10 year old to do?

If anyone wishes to post this on the HHA forum I will not enforce copyright Razz

Rob

Admin
Admin

https://probgen.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Discussions I have been having with Maurice Empty Re: Discussions I have been having with Maurice

Post by Look4people Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:23 am

Maurice is a clown, plain & simple, doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

How he's found so many mugs to part with money in a shock to me, surely people are not that shallow that they need his support .. God help this industry!

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Discussions I have been having with Maurice Empty Re: Discussions I have been having with Maurice

Post by Admin Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:02 am

Couldn't agree more with you. I spoke to another guy who is looking for people to go into partnership with who was thinking about joining the HHA and asked why I was so against it. Needless to say by the time I was finished he wasn't joining the HHA

Rob

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:14 am

I laugh at them HHA members..

Why would you be so stupid to get rised by a pensioner?

They're made for each other..

"If you have lemons make lemonade" my dear old Nan used to say Wink

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:18 am

I sent the "old clown" an email, I asked with all the failed businesses he had had, why he thought joining HHA was in my best interest?

His reply was that I wouldn't be joining!

Fair enough I thought, you're right I won't be!

His solicitor can contact me on 07591 567148 should he have any issues with my comments on here or elsewhere, it will be my pleasure to tell them both to "F%ck Off"

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by kinfinder Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Not sure if we need to go into a total slanging match of Maurice and HHA.
I think everyone here is in agreement that he has caused more problems than he has solved and the reasoning behind him setting up hha have been exposed, together with the legality of his advice.

It does surprise me in an industry so worried about being portrayed as scammers, then so many people have been taken in by his scam, but nevertheless there is little point in every one letting off steam about how he has wound them up.

kinfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Quote.. "the reasoning behind him setting up hha have been exposed"

I have no idea what these reasons are, other than my view of self enrichment on his part..

Is there something I have missed, I have never been a member, I don't as a rule communicate with others in this industry, I tend to do my own thing, in my own way and forgot about the industry and what it's doing.

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by kinfinder Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 pm

I was kicked out of HHA (forum, he still wanted me to be a member to collect the membership fee) with no explanation only that I had a public GMail email address and therefore he couldn't tell who I was.

The real reason was because I was questioning his legal advice (that was in fact illegal) and reasoning for setting up HHA, at this time he responded to say it was to make a company that had some value that he could pass to his children. And sell the extra services that could give him an income. So not an association but a subscription service and not a "not for profit company" like he had tried to say it was and how it was registered at companies house. After bringing up questions he couldn't answer I got removed.

kinfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 pm

This is how I see it!

What benefit is HHA anyway, even if it was run well?, it's never solved a claim for me, it's never speeded the Treasury up, I do that, it's never contacted a client, my Mrs does that, it's never filled a form in, she does that too, so what good is it?

I mean if you people are daft enough to want to give money away, I'll send you my address!

I use not being in these Association as an ice breaker with the client, we spin it around and say why would we want to give hundreds of pounds away, to prop up the income of an old age pensioner with so many failed businesses.

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I noted on Companies House that the Not for Profit part had been removed just as I was to ask them how a NFP could be sold off. This was right after maurice told me that was his intention.

I was kicked off the forum for virtually the same reason as KinFinder, in fact at that stage neither of us was aware the other was asking the same questions at the same time.

It is also interesting that since that time he has now appointed 3 more directors. One of these new directors is a professional member, who has no website and no contact details listed. Both of these go against everything Maurice used as an excuse to remove KinFinder.

Another new director is a business partner of Maurice's in the trace people category. Now forgive me if I am wrong but isn't that what we all do daily and succesfully? Why would we need to pay someone else to do that for us? If we did there are far cheaper companies out there than PeopleTrace in fact I know one that for £19 will actually make contact with the person as well.

All in all I will do my upmost to stop HHA taking another penny from anyone.
Rob

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 am

Anybody make any money out of the other little thing he had going on, with the missing million nonsense?

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 am

No its still not live even though he has taken money from people for it

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 am

Ooo..

I was approach more than 12 months ago on that I think..

What's the delay, if he's taken peoples money?

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:21 am

I guess the fact he just cant get the banks insurance companies and pension people to give them what he wants. Not sure to be honest but I have said many times this wont take off. Also go look at what he says. No one will no the value, you wont get the cheque he will and he will pay the client then pay you your commission. Plenty of scope for fraud there in my eyes

Rob

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:39 am

Dear me!

It's not Arthur Daley we're talking about is it?

Shocking how he conducts business, I was shocked to hear he had no previous experience in this industry.

Although nor did I when I first started lol..but that's not the point!

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 am

The point is someone starting something like HHA should have a good knowledge of the business and more so the legalities. He has no idea of anything other than ripping people off

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Look4people Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:46 am

I don't find myself disagreeing with that! Sad

He's just a chancer!

Look4people

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotlands Gengenie Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:58 am

The one thing I would add to this is that IF the HHA had been run properly it would be a good idea, if I had not joined I would not have had the encouragement I needed to make me get involved.

As you all know I started out as an amateur family history researcher many years ago and developed it into my own business, i love what i do but I would not have been confident enough to branch out into the probate if not for the HHA idea and the members on the forum who helped with all my questions.

Its just a shame he who shall remain nameless is more interested in profiting from all his new ventures than improving what should be worth the time and effort.
Scotlands Gengenie
Scotlands Gengenie

http://www.gengenie.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by UK Probate Research Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I like your latest postings on that place  Shirley - well rather the link that appears to this forum in your signature.Rolling Eyes 

I am at present advising several members who were conned into paying £100 to join missing millions to make complaints, to the police, trading standards and to Pay Pal. However they are afraid if they do then they will not be able to participate in that programme.  
I tell them not to worry as complaining will not stop them but what will is the fact that the programme is unworkable and is going not anywhere.  He knows that and will not voluntarily give money back.  

The Insurance companies have said that they will not work on a commission basis and they will only pay money to the person entitled.

Now he has appointed new persons will he soon be leaving them to deal with the after crash.

William

UK Probate Research

http://www.ukprobateresearch.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:16 pm

William,l

The police wont get involved, Trading standards neither already been down that road. What they have is a breach of contract and therefore its a civil matter. They could go down the paypal route however I do believe you have a certain amount of time to claim against Paypal to get the money back. I also tried the Advertising Standards authority however they wont act based on a competitors (and they cannot see we are not competitors) complaint

Rob

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotlands Gengenie Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks William,

M did say that we should all be visible and he encouraged us to use the signature available Smile
Scotlands Gengenie
Scotlands Gengenie

http://www.gengenie.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum